Friday, December 31, 2010

Month In Review: December 2010

I began December weighing 218.5lbs with a BMI of 34.2.
As of January 1st, I weigh 209lbs and have a BMI of 32.7.
I have lost 9.5lbs and 1.5 BMI points.
Overall, I have lost 31 lbs and 4.9 BMI points.
For the month of December, I worked out 18 times, with a mix of yoga, running, walking, swimming, and ab work.  This averages to more than every other day!

My calorie goal per day for December was to consume 1700 calories.  My best day was 1220 and my worst day was 3110, for an average of 1863.5 per day.  This is 163.5 over my increased goal, and is a huge decrease from last month.  I am happy with this!  In spite of being over my goal of 1700 calories per day, December is the month of Christmas and I am proud of myself for continuing to lose weight in spite of the holiday feasting.  I actually lost weight over Christmas!  I didnt deprive myself during the holidays; in fact, I ate a cookie at this party or a piece of pie at this one.  But it was ONE cookie or ONE sliver of pie- and then that was it.  I ate the different foods- but I ate a little bit of them.  And, surprisingly, I wasn't hungry at the end of it.

Overall, I am very happy with my weight loss of approx. 2.5lbs/wk, even with increased calories due to the holidays.  I am happy with working out 3/wk as a regular goal (and even fitting in more some weeks!).