Monday, January 17, 2011

The Week in Review, 1/10/11-1/16/11

 started out blogging with the scale reading: 204 lbs
As of this morning, the scale reads: 201lbs
Total Weight Lost:   3 lbs
This is the same as last week.

I started out the week hoping to do at least 3 days of exercise.
This week, I ran on 1 day and biked on 1 day.
This is worse than last week.

This week, I wanted to keep my calories around 1700 per day.
My best day logged 970 calories (0 calories due to illness one day) and my worst day logged 1880 calories.
My average calories, per day, for the week, were 1205, factoring in my 0 calories day; without that day, the average is 1406.

6 of 7 days were within my calorie range.
This is better than last week.

On a scale from 1-10, with 10 being a complete success with no regrets, I would give this week a 8.  I am really happy that I am learning how to eat without going overboard, even in group situations.  I went over due to the food choices at the tea, not because I "overate", although my stomach didnt need dessert and I feel that I should have abstained.  But I am making better food choices and am finding myself making excellent choices as they relate to portion control because I am getting more of a feel for it.  I am really happy about that.  Today, I ate a serving of chocolates (4 pieces).  I regret it, although it tasted good and, honestly, I wanted to see if I could do it and not fall apart. I did.  It was awesome.  I ate the portion and walked away.  I'm glad I could do it. :)  It makes me feel better to know that I can portion control myself.  I wish I'd worked out more.  Being sick this week really took that out of me, and the extremely cold weather is making it impossible to run outside.  I'm debating buying a treadmill so that I can run indoors at home when the kids are napping.  We'll see how that thought peculates.

I saw a "1" as the first number on the scale.  It was after I was sick and I knew I would "gain back" the weight that was lost due to water/puking/living in the bathroom for 24 hours.  But seeing it was still such a feeling.  I cant wait until I have it for real. :)  It will be a great day.  I am so close.  I keep telling myself that I shouldnt rush it; it needs to come when it comes so that the weight will stay off.  But, it is tough when you REALLY want to see that number!