Monday, January 24, 2011

The Week in Review, 1/17-1/23/11

  started out blogging with the scale reading: 201 lbs
As of this morning, the scale reads: 196 lbs
Total Weight Lost:   5 lbs
This is better than last week.

I started out the week hoping to do at least 4 days of exercise.
This week, I ran, strength trained, used the elliptical, biked, and did yoga over 5 days.
This is better than last week.

This week, I wanted to keep my calories around 1700 per day.  (mid-week, I changed the goal to 1600).
My best day logged 1260 calories and my worst day logged 2060 calories.
My average calories, per day, for the week, were 1667.

3 of 7 days were within my calorie range; 2 of 7 were only slightly over my calorie goal range.
This is worse than last week.

On a scale from 1-10, with 10 being a complete success with no regrets, I would give this week a 9.  Even though my calorie average was worse than last week and I had 2 higher-than-average days, my average is a good number and, on those high calorie days, I worked out hard and needed to replenish with post-workout food.  It cant- and shouldnt be- just about my numbers.  I have to remember that it is a combination of activity plus food in to equal the right numbers for me.  Which is why, when I was eating last night (my highest calorie day), I didnt really worry about it.


I started this week with a 2 at the front of the scale; I'm ending it with a 1 there.  Not just a "hey, that one made a guest appearance" but a real, stable "1XX".  It feels great.  I'm very proud of myself and my hard work.  I'm proud of the lifelong changes I've made and the better understanding of how food impacts my life.  It's really a great achievement.  When I had a few days of stagnant weight gain/loss, it was tough.  I knew there would be a place where the same old, same old would need a quick shake up in order get going again.  It seems that adding in even 10 minutes of strength training a day helps, as well as being a little more mindful of getting snacks throughout the day.

All in all, a great food week!