Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Month in Review: February 2011

I began February 1st weighing 194 lbs with a BMI of 30.4.
As of March 1st, I weigh 185.5 lbs and have a BMI of 29.1.

Overall, I have lost 54.5 lbs and 8.5 BMI points.
For the month of February, I worked out 15 times, with a mix of running, walking, and biking.  This averages to more than every other day!

My calorie goal per day for February was to consume 1700 calories.  I averaged 1890 per day.  This is 190 over my increased goal, and is a significant increase from last month.



I thought that February would be a hard month; there are 3 important birthdays in February.  In addition, 3 of my children died in February: Nicholas, Sophia, and our first miscarriage, P.  So, I anticipated a hard round of eating, but, overall, I am happy with my progress.  I "only" lost 8.5 pounds, but seeing as February is 28 day month, that is still approx. 2 pounds/week, which is a healthy, steady weight loss.  I am still consistent in exercising and, for the most part, eating.  I find that eating with others is very difficult for me, and is something I will probably be working for most of my life.


Welcome March!  Here comes Spring!