Monday, April 4, 2011

The Week in Review, 3/28-4/3

started out blogging with the scale reading: 181 lbs
As of this morning, the scale reading: 177 lbs
Total Weight Lost:  4 lbs
This is better than last week.

I started out the week hoping to do at least 4 days of exercise.
This week, I ran, walked, strength trained, swam, and used the elliptical over 6 days.

This week, I wanted to keep my calories around 1700 calories per day.
My best day logged 1695 calories and my worst day logged 2245 calories.
My average calories, per day, for the week, were 1985 total calories

2 of 7 days were within my calorie range.
This is worse than last week.

On a scale from 1-10, with 10 being a complete success with no regrets, I would give this week a 7.  While I wasnt able to log a "long" run, I am happy with my exercise.  Food wise, even though 5 out of 7 days were outside my calorie range, I feel like I did better.  My problem times are definitely weekends, but I still feel like I am making better choices overall.  I did have a bad day and ended up eating 3 cookies at once.  (And 5 for the day).  I didnt feel better afterwards (I felt worse) but I just couldnt seem to not do it (even though, as I did it, I knew I shouldnt).  But live and learn...  Every day is a new day...



I seem to have moved over the plateau and broken the 180 mark, which is nice.  I'm hoping to hit around 170 by Easter... Just a goal... But since I had set April 1st to be 175 and that didn't happen, I'll admit that I feel a little saddened by not making that (because of my own self-sabotage) and would feel newly inspired by the hope that Easter could bring me around 170.  I'm still feeling positive of being between 155-160 around my birthday in early June, and hitting the 150 goal by the end of the month.  But, it's not just about being positive.  I have to remember that it's my choices that make a huge difference too.  While I've made the choice to stay active, and that helps, I also have to make the choice to make positive food choices- no matter what happens in the lives of others, no matter what impacts me directly, no matter what makes me sad or angry.  That is still a work in progress...