Monday, July 18, 2011

Unplugged: June

For the month of June, I was pretty much unplugged.  And my waist line is still okay!!

I hover between 165-175, with 170ish the norm.  I run 5-7 mornings a week, with one super long run on Sundays.  I strength train on Tuesday and Thursday mornings (I run 2 miles to the gym, ST for 30-40 minutes, then run home), and I do yoga on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday mornings after my run (anywhere from 2 miles to 5 miles).  Saturday, I usually do a short 2.5 mile run.  Sometimes I take Monday as a rest day if my run on Sunday was especially tough. 

I dont write down what I eat anymore, although I do (loosely) keep up with calories per day on the whiteboard in the kitchen.  Some days, I eat more than I should, but for the most part, I'm really happy with myself.  I'm in a maintenance phase because that's where I felt I should be right now, even though I'd still like to hit 150 at some point.

I plan on being "unplugged" all summer (at least) and doing a monthly "unplugged" post to update what's going on.

In my personal life, we were in the process of adopting a baby.  He was born at the end of June and we found out on July 1st that the birthmother was changing her mind and keeping the baby.  As you can imagine, this has been tough and unplugging from my computer has been a helpful way to focus on Bobby and Maya, as well as my marriage and Peter.   I will be back to blogging at some point but, for now, not writing daily is the place I need to be.  Thank you for all of your emails and your support.  Your care is amazing and I feel utterly blessed.