Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The Difference In Time...

Okay, so it's been a while- a LONG while- since I've updated.  I'll give you the quick and dirty of life since last July (and then you'll realize why I haven't blogged here....). 

I was training for the marathon and got to a healthy 175 (which was really what I wanted for the race).  I ran it and was thrilled to be able to say "I'm a marathoner!!!"  It was an awesome experience and I cant wait to do another one!  Then... a few days post-marathon.... I got (unexpectedly) pregnant!  For those who know my story of infertility and loss and finally being blessed with twins to raise on earth, this was quite the shock.  We were nervous that I'd miscarry early (I've done so 4 times already), but the second trimester came on without a hitch.  I wondered around my second trimester loss times if the TAC would hold, and boy has it!  I'm still running (even now, as I sit here on the cusp of 29w) and have had no issues.  The third trimester came last week, and with it the results from a 3hGTT that I do NOT have gestational diabetes.  So, all good things...  My OB says that the fact I'm having an easy pregnancy is definitely TAC related, but the fact that I'm having a healthy pregnancy is all me. :)  He says the weight loss helped tremendously- to the point that he has no concerns about how much weight I gain because he feels like I'll lose it without issue.  I'm pretty psyched about that!

So... long story short.  I'm still here. I will return to this blog once baby Michael makes his appearance (hopefully in July!!!) to document weightloss post baby.  But, in the meantime, if you want to keep up with me, I'm still at My Life After Loss talking about life, loss, parenting, and love...